• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you kiss with dogs?

Sure, switch the whole thing around to ignore the fact you said something stupid. Your logic doesn't hold up, I know that's hard to accept for someone like you who's insecure and has to constantly remind everyone else how great you are, but you might have a small chance of seeing reality some day.

Buuut I'm beating a dead horse
here,  considering you always think you're right anyway. 

But talking to you again makes me think... Imagine the fun that would've happened if we met up IRL. Just a reminder you dodged a big bullet there. It shows how much of a fool you really are.

And again a topic is derailed into personalities from a soon to be banned "member". Some folks never learn, even when given multiple chances.

On topic; I've had a lover, Tippy, who energetically initiated deep, probing "kisses", and another, Shadow, who would not kiss at all and would fight any attempt to. Both deeply loved me I'm sure, both saw daily sex as an activity we shared that their species did not, both may have been exibiting learned behavior in part of our relationship. Who among us knows? None of us.

The point is, it doesn't matter in the day to day of our lives together. I'm with Eagle that there is more to our sex and our kissing than simply mimicry or misplaced behavior. Just offering to have either activity happen with a human is not "normal" for them. I also agree that some of that is learned behavior, but so is it for us humans. Emotion, and emotion alone, turns it into something different and I see examples every day of emotion and emotive capabilities in other species, or at least in some.

How to get your dog to kiss is a tricky question. As 30-30 said, you can try slowly getting her used to the idea. She may come around that way. She might suddenly start kissing on her own. Or she may be like my Shadow was and never kiss in her life. Each dog, like each relationship, is different. I know this is not the answer you want to hear, but it is the only one I have.

sw

Jesus, can you take that argument somewhere else? There's a reason I chose this over BF, lol.

Welp, I guess this is kinda dead.

Hey there,

I did not want to start writing anything before i finished my profile (images etc),but whatever.As other people already said,dogs do not really kiss ,i mean at least they do not have the same connection to that activity as we do.However,my dog loves kissing.Whenever my face gets close to his face and i do some "kiss sounds",he starts to lick over my mouth.So usually i just open my mouth then and let him lick the inside of it.When his tongue is inside,i lick it with my tongue and when he pulls his tongue out i, kind of "suck" his tongue by closing my mouth.Sure dogs mostly do that for the taste,for some time at least.But after some time my dog even does that on his own after i wake up in the morning,so no good taste to find there.

Dogs do it as a sign of intimacy and caring.  They don't tend to do it with someone they don't like.

And dogs aren't alone.  I've similarly received kisses from horses whom enjoy my company, and parrots.

No, they don't put the same hangups we humans do.  Dogs and horses, especially, aren't monogamous ... but monogamy is not the only form of love.

Given the degree that I feel like shit the last few days,  I've tried not to get my face near any of my animals, to save them from getting some version of this (probably flu).

Yeah, RooZoo has been battling it for over a week now and I'm starting to get affected [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/unsure.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=":/" width="20" />  Having to restrain myself from the affection I love giving the doggos. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

Quote:
3 hours ago, Eagle said:

Dogs do it as a sign of intimacy and caring.  They don't tend to do it with someone they don't like.

And dogs aren't alone.  I've similarly received kisses from horses whom enjoy my company, and parrots.

No, they don't put the same hangups we humans do.  Dogs and horses, especially, aren't monogamous ... but monogamy is not the only form of love.

You´re wrong, mares do live in monogamy due to the usual herd structure. A harem of mares, but there´s only one stallion.

And as I told before, not a single animal is "kissing" you ; you understand it in human context, the animal doesn´t . It won´t get any more right just because you repeat it. Horses lick humans....but that´s mostly for the salt from the sweat on your skin, this is NOT a sign of deep affection at all. They do it to complete strangers as well as to their owners. Not that my arguments would break your wall of autoillusion here....well, let´s abbreviate this discussion: show me a picture of two animals "kissing human style" and I´ll be silent on that topic...

Quote:
1 hour ago, heavyhorse said:

Given the degree that I feel like shit the last few days,  I've tried not to get my face near any of my animals, to save them from getting some version of this (probably flu).

Average human infections usually don´t jump over to animals, I cannot count the times I had caught a cold and my mare did not develop the equine equivalent of what I was suffering from. But what I can definitely say: if your horse has an eye infection and has those little lumps of "snot" the infected eye exsudates, you better disinfect the finger you used to wipe the snot off before you scratch your own eyes... unless you want to wake up in the morning and rip off dried eyesnot from your eyelids to see again. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=":)" width="20" />