• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spay/ Neuter Ethics and Zoophilia

Quote:
2 hours ago, bepis said:

Which is what I've been saying. That is complete selfishness. That's not zoophilia because it's not love.

And it's pretty dumb... How can someone be less sexy if they're altered and you can't even see it?

Normal spays stop dogs from getting mammary tumors.

No it doesn't.  In fact, males can get mammary cancer.

Quote:
7 minutes ago, Eagle said:

No it doesn't.  In fact, males can get mammary cancer.

https://www.acvs.org/small-animal/mammary-tumors

All the posts I've given 'likes' to pretty much sum up what's been said by myself and others (I did it this way so I wouldn't end up with six miles worth of quotes in a post).  What you've all said seem to coincide with my own research and personal experiences.

While I love the 'hotness' factor for a totally unaltered dog these days: I know it's risky and honestly what's best for me and them would be my choice. They'd still be 'hot' to me no matter what, especially if they're my companions or partners. I enjoy the prospects of sex (and my past experiences) very much, but it's more secondary to me.

A male, I'd consider leaving unaltered especially if I do what you're -supposed- to do and keep your companion / lover out of trouble, though would spring for a vas' if I could find a good vet to do it. A male would be my first choice if 'picking out' a dog (either adopting or actually acquiring a pup from someone).

With a Bitch (a sudden rescue, a dog who really needed a home, etc...) I'd definitely consider an O.S.S., even with the added cost. Pyo is bad news and the tubals aren't as effective: also from experiences intact bitches are well, a bitch to contain or try to 'keep safe' in heat. At lest with an O.S.S. you don't have to worry about pups even if she ends up tied (I assume it's still very much possible for them as most / all of the anatomy change is at the Cervix? I believe?).

Great thread with good info and a lot of good insight. Thanks for the input guys. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

To Bepis or whatever name you want to call yourself before banning: Your evidence was not "Thrown out" it was questioned. You refuse to respond to those questions, preferring to claim it is beyond question instead. Debate it or provide better. Provide evidence for your other claims. This is your chance, use it.

sw

Quote:
5 hours ago, silverwolf1 said:

To Bepis or whatever name you want to call yourself before banning: Your evidence was not "Thrown out" it was questioned. You refuse to respond to those questions, preferring to claim it is beyond question instead. Debate it or provide better. Provide evidence for your other claims. This is your chance, use it.

sw

Where's the "beef"?

"I don't think there's anybody back there" 

(Old Wendy's commercial)

I don't think he has anything, he's just a PETA- style troll, throwing all this fake anti-zoo controversy out there to stir the shit.  "Not a real zoo if you have sex."  "Selfish if you don't S/N."  "I (heart) fencehopping."  "My word is Truth, you don't need documentation."  Coming attraction: "If you really love animals you won't own animals".  Same disruption as on other sites, maybe even the same troll.  

Waves "Buh-bye".  Don't let the internet hit you in the ass on the way out...... 

Quote:
12 hours ago, WinterGreenWolf said:

While I love the 'hotness' factor for a totally unaltered dog these days

This makes no sense. How does this affect the ''hotness'' at all? You don't see it nor really experience much of a difference. If you realized you have an altered dog, your attraction towards that dog gets lowered?

Quote:
1 hour ago, heavyhorse said:

he's just a PETA- style troll, throwing all this fake anti-zoo controversy out there to stir the shit.

Uhmmm... No. This is 2018, the ''hurr hes just a troll am i right guyse??'' nonsense is so old and nobody falls for it anymore.

It's not fake, it's the truth. I guess you're deluded to the point you think everyone who doesn't agree with your opinion is a troll.

300 iq zoos at it again.

Quote:

"Not a real zoo if you have sex."

...Never said that.

Quote:

"Selfish if you don't S/N."  

And I've given valid reasons why.

Quote:

"I (heart) fencehopping."

Lmao, what? You do realize like almost every single zoo here has done that? I don't love it at all, I'm just saying I stopped being against it.

Quote:

"My word is Truth, you don't need documentation."

...?

Quote:
23 hours ago, bepis said:

Zoos are the only humans who I've met that are against spaying and neutering

Quote:
On 10/26/2018 at 4:01 PM, battlecrops said:

I didn't hear about any of this from zoos, I heard it from show and working dog owners.  Who are very anti-zoo, actually.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The average pet owner is not going to know much about the current medical controversy over spay and neuter right now.  "Spaying/neutering = responsible pet ownership" has been so ingrained into Western pet culture, any change to the mainstream perception is going to be slow.  Many farm/rural dog owners do not spay/neuter.  Show dog owners do not spay or neuter.  Many sport dog owners will wait until after maturity (2 years of age, not 6 months!) to spay/neuter because of the studies which are showing links to pediatric spay/neuter and bone/ligament problems, which are more likely to cause injury in sports.  This isn't me just pulling examples out of my ass, it's what I've seen being involved in the dog world for the past few years.  There's a Facebook group all about information for alternative altering procedures, like vasectomy and ovary-saving spay, that has over 12,000 members.  Most, if not all, of those people are not zoo.  The veterinarians who perform those procedures are not zoo.  There's another group that's all training advice for intact dogs.  Not a zoo group.  Just people who have seen the studies coming out and want to do best for their dog/s, and have decided the best route is keeping their dogs hormonally intact.  Is it for everyone?  Not necessarily.  But to say the only people who leave their dogs intact are zoophiles is ridiculous and potentially dangerous.

Quote:
23 hours ago, bepis said:

Which is what I've been saying. That is complete selfishness. That's not zoophilia because it's not love.

*shrugs*  You are overthinking this.  People get pets for a lot of reasons.  People spay/neuter for different reasons too.  I regularly hear people say they did it to stop an unwanted behavior, not for health reasons.  I would say thoss individuals love their animals.  How is this different?  They aren't doing that out of love either, but love itself isn't "give them everything they want."  It's in all cases, a game of give and take.

Spay/neuter is less common in Scandanavia I have heard...

Quote:
10 hours ago, heavyhorse said:

don't think he has anything, he's just a PETA- style troll, throwing all this fake anti-zoo controversy out there to stir the shit.  "Not a real zoo if you have sex."  "Selfish if you don't S/N."  "I (heart) fencehopping."  "My word is Truth, you don't need documentation."  Coming attraction: "If you really love animals you won't own animals".  Same disruption as on other sites, maybe even the same troll.  

Waves "Buh-bye".  Don't let the internet hit you in the ass on the way out...... 

I'd say you nailed him pretty good there HH, more I read from this guy, more I dislike him.

Quote:
8 hours ago, /\/\/\ said:

This makes no sense. How does this affect the ''hotness'' at all? You don't see it nor really experience much of a difference. If you realized you have an altered dog, your attraction towards that dog gets lowered?

If you have a fully altered dog, you -do- know the difference. I happen to care for a fully castrated German Shepherd male now who's twelve years of age, he's not 'interested' and was an early neuter via a rescue group. I love him more than some members of my own family.. So, no, being altered doesn't make him 'lesser' to me. While I'll say right now, fooling around with a completely intact male is not only a favorite fantasy of mine it -was- one of the hottest, most arousing and enjoyable experiences of my life even being so young. That doesn't mean I love them less for being 'cut' though. I'll point out too I care for a beagle who's entire, not even a vasectomy and he shows no interest.

It varies from canine to canine, but by and large unless it was really necessary I'd probably keep my companion / partner whole as I don't really like taking surgical risks unless required for health or by law in some cases. If it's a legality or  a 'higher risk' area like a suburb, then I'd probably consider for sure: shelters are full and they don't need any more unwanted pups.

Quote:
8 hours ago, covfefelake said:

*shrugs*  You are overthinking this.  People get pets for a lot of reasons.  People spay/neuter for different reasons too.  I regularly hear people say they did it to stop an unwanted behavior, not for health reasons.

Whilst I'll give you the points about people having pets for different reasons, I'm going to get a bit personal on the 'spay / neuter for different reasons' of your comment: in particular behavioral ones.

I want to start off by saying that in a lot of cases, even the dimmest pet owners still love their animals. My parents are an example of some of 'the bad side' of pet ownership in a lot of ways.

As I've said in other posts: a lot of people are either ingrained to spay or neuter, or unwilling to learn the behaviors they need to watch for, the other half are just out and out lazy and won't take necessary actions to train, work with, socialize, etc.. their animals. This leads to at least 90% of the problems at hand.

Again, my parents: they bought a two-thousand-dollar Great Dane (a really unique color pattern too: Merliquin...). To this day, the dog is stubborn, spoiled and untrained: all things they were 'going to not do and get right'.. Yeah, okay... Training started good for a month or two then stopped. At six months he was castrated, now he's slightly overweight, no real muscle tone and has presented hip problems -already- at roughly four years of age.

I give the above brief example of my own family here because it is *SO* common among pet owners in the United States it's not even funny anymore. People give dogs potentially toxic table food, think it's cute for them to eat off plates: think it's 'cure to hear them whine', think it's funny to see them try and dominance mount a guest (there's a difference between a dominance mount and a sexual mount: a dominance mount usually doesn't involve as much eagerness or as rough a 'hook of the hips' in general, and usually there's not much or no erection). All this, what I -just- mentioned: then it's 'We can't handle his humping, snip time!' or 'I can't handle the barking! You're out boy..' or 'You -ate- off my plate? How -dare- you, to the shelter!'.

What i'm getting at, if people took more incentive, more care, more *responsibility* and put forth a good example for themselves and their companions: we'd have less bullshit going on, less bullshit reasons for surgeries, less dog attacks, everything.. If people would just pull their heads from their assholes for a while.. Also, if you don't have time, love to travel a lot, party a lot etc.. Don't, get, a, fucking, DOG, or PET in general! That simple: they are not living fucking plushies or teddy bears.

Sorry, it just really, *really* annoys me to see animals suffer and good lives wasted because people are morons: yes, yes I know.. Rambling again...