• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The right to die

I can't even have a civilized argument with any of you. Nice.

Quote:
21 minutes ago, 30-30 said:

And again , you refuse to give an answer to the question of what exactly you would consider "help" here....mostly because you don´t know yourself what would "help" you.

"Help", as in people not being assholes and treating me like I don't deserve to be around horses. Basically having the opportunity to be around a horse at least once, even if it's through equine therapy. That sort of thing.

Quote:
55 minutes ago, Saturnine said:

"Help", as in people not being assholes and treating me like I don't deserve to be around horses. Basically having the opportunity to be around a horse at least once, even if it's through equine therapy. That sort of thing.

OK, lets try a little of that "logic" you are so fond of.       My horse is a stallion.      He fucks humans, humans don't fuck him.       If you are as delicate as you say, what do you think your life expectancy would be in his embrace?       

And as much as it pains me, I have to agree with 30-30 here.       You have to deserve respect before you will get any from a stallion.     Your level of self loathing will be dangerous around a stallion.

Back at the beginning of the current string of madness I gave you a simple safe solution and you dismissed it out of hand.        So how am I being rude to you by refusing to participate in your murder?       

Quote:Your level of self loathing will be dangerous around a stallion.

Smashed by a stallion into the stable wall. Is this suicide or homicide I wonder...

Quote:
On 5/5/2018 at 4:12 PM, Vermilion said:

By the way, in my country it's 1 per 80.

In the US it's 1 per 35.

In Mongolia it's 1 per 1

Wow, After reading that, I think I found a reason to like the US lol.

In my experience it's a lot harder to keep things alive than to have them die.

What escapes me, all the moral/ethical debate aside, is why the bloody hell you want to burden someone else with the legal and personal weight of the deed.  Why drag someone else into it?  Doesn't that make it "homicide" instead of "suicide"?   If your point is to actually "go away" (instead of just all the drama) surely you don't need someone else's permission or assistance.  

But I guess that would require you to take the initiative.  Like, you know, going to horse therapy, or any of the dozens of other suggestions from people trying to help you.

Quote:
On 5/8/2018 at 7:54 PM, caikgoch said:

The point is:  Attitude Matters.     No hassles, no bullshit.      The first step to being right is getting your mind right.

That always seemed like a cop out to me... It's so easy to talk about something than to do it. It also hurts to be taunted for your wants and needs. That's why I'm on here, not Beastforum as much anymore. It's always: "Quit Whining." or "Just do what you want to do."

Has anyone ever heard of having very little money to make things happen? To be unable to move, take care of things? This is going more off of crap given to me, not so much your reply.

Quote:
On 5/8/2018 at 9:54 PM, caikgoch said:

A couple of years ago I woke up in the ICU of one of the top ten hospitals in the world.      My local hospital transferred me there because I scared them.      The first doctor I saw on awakening was a shrink.      They wanted to be sure that I wasn't going to waste all the money that they had spent on me by killing myself.       I didn't know it then but I had been given a five percent chance of living out the year.

I've had nearly a hundred doctors since then, some the literal tops in their field and some students.     I still have some surgery to go because they wanted to make sure that I was going to live long enough to be worth the trouble of making things pretty.       But I worked today.       About half of those doctors have told me that my refusal to surrender any part of my life to the disease is why I am doing more than just surviving.      I spent an hour yesterday morning standing between two horses scratching one with each hand.      No lifting, no strain, just walk up and lean on them.

The point is:  Attitude Matters.     No hassles, no bullshit.      The first step to being right is getting your mind right.

Quote:
1 hour ago, farellfoxx said:

That always seemed like a cop out to me... It's so easy to talk about something than to do it. It also hurts to be taunted for your wants and needs. That's why I'm on here, not Beastforum as much anymore. It's always: "Quit Whining." or "Just do what you want to do."

Has anyone ever heard of having very little money to make things happen? To be unable to move, take care of things? This is going more off of crap given to me, not so much your reply.

Quote the whole post before you say things like " It's so easy to talk about something than to do it."       I literally left a third of my mass in that hospital and couldn't even lift my arms off the bed when I woke up.      And it fucking hurt!!!!!        But today is a holiday.      And I am going to spend today with the horses thinking about how lucky I am not to be dead.

Quote:
On 5/26/2018 at 10:02 AM, heavyhorse said:

In my experience it's a lot harder to keep things alive than to have them die.

Well, according to most of American society, it is apparently a lot more difficult to allow them to die instead of keeping them alive.

Quote:

What escapes me, all the moral/ethical debate aside, is why the bloody hell you want to burden someone else with the legal and personal weight of the deed.  Why drag someone else into it?

I would rather die with dignity at the hands of a doctor, who already has all the necessary tools to carry out the deed. Peacefully, I might add. There is nothing dignifying about tying a noose around your neck or doing some other dangerous act out of a base suicidal urge, like jumping off a building or in front of a train. Not a good way to go after an entire life of suffering.

Quote:

Doesn't that make it "homicide" instead of "suicide"?

It would be called "mercy killing," which is a respectable action, even in the capacity of a medical professional.

Quote:

If your point is to actually "go away" (instead of just all the drama) surely you don't need someone else's permission or assistance.

I wouldn't have to create any drama if this were already legal. I wouldn't even be here right now.

Quote:

But I guess that would require you to take the initiative.  Like, you know, going to horse therapy, or any of the dozens of other suggestions from people trying to help you.

I don't lack the initiative to get anything done, but each person has their limits on what they can do.

I have been dead.  3 times.  (Note: there is no "bright light".  Stuff just stops).  I have no feeling on part of my chest; the electric paddles fried the nerve endings.  When I got back home I could only walk about 50 feet before my vision turned grey and closed in from the sides.  My pulse was 27.  

So I take the crapload of stupid drugs that rob me of endurance, make my arms and legs hurt, and persevere.  There's a lot of stuff left to enjoy.  More so when you realize you more easily wouldn't; just one little mistake.....      (And I thank the critter that, patiently, helped me get my mojo back).  You certainly don't need to step in front of a train; don't put the train people through that anyway, they have their sanity too.  There are many ways similar to what the Dr would use, if Dr actually thought killing off conscious people was a good idea.  

Quote:
9 hours ago, heavyhorse said:

I have been dead.  3 times.  (Note: there is no "bright light".  Stuff just stops).  I have no feeling on part of my chest; the electric paddles fried the nerve endings.  When I got back home I could only walk about 50 feet before my vision turned grey and closed in from the sides.  My pulse was 27.  

So I take the crapload of stupid drugs that rob me of endurance, make my arms and legs hurt, and persevere.  There's a lot of stuff left to enjoy.  More so when you realize you more easily wouldn't; just one little mistake.....      (And I thank the critter that, patiently, helped me get my mojo back).  You certainly don't need to step in front of a train; don't put the train people through that anyway, they have their sanity too.  There are many ways similar to what the Dr would use, if Dr actually thought killing off conscious people was a good idea.  

Why? [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=":(" width="20" /> how old is the zoo community?... it just all seems like you guys are bunch of old people.