• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spay/ Neuter Ethics and Zoophilia

Quote:
5 hours ago, WinterGreenWolf said:

then it's 'We can't handle his humping, snip time!' or 'I can't handle the barking! You're out boy..' or 'You -ate- off my plate? How -dare- you, to the shelter!'.

Fortunately, lots of people don't go directly to the pound first, and try to re-home.  All the dogs I/we have ever had (except a dobie puppy we got when I was about 10 yo) have been re-homes, inherits, midnight rescues, adopts in some way of adult dogs no longer wanted or could cope with.  The VERY BEST dog I ever owned was a giveaway "outlaw" Great Dane.  My point being, there's no reason to pay a boatload for a puppy, there's a lot of wonderful purebred perfect dogs that are misunderstood or mis-handled that you can get (intact if you get them before the shelter does) free or very reasonable, and save from that awful "shelter" experience.  (Heartily recommend craigslist, use the anon relay email, meet in a public place.)

Quote:
18 hours ago, battlecrops said:

The average pet owner is not going to know much about the current medical controversy over spay and neuter right now.  "Spaying/neutering = responsible pet ownership" has been so ingrained into Western pet culture, any change to the mainstream perception is going to be slow.  Many farm/rural dog owners do not spay/neuter.  Show dog owners do not spay or neuter. 

Seems like we live in entirely different places then.

In my country there's no such thing known as an OSS even. I was lucky to find a single vet that would do it even though it was their first time ever (and it was still considered a full spay on the receipt). Not much point in arguing about this actually because we both had very different personal experiences.

Quote:
10 hours ago, WinterGreenWolf said:

I'd say you nailed him pretty good there HH, more I read from this guy, more I dislike him.

Oh damn, you were right about being opinionated. He stated things about me that aren't even true, yet you agree with him. I wonder how stupid you have to be to agree with someone who puts words in my mouth.

But yeah I hate you too, so that's good. Even since the first day you assumed so much things about me for no reason. And of course the fact that you were silent about a certain thing... Well at least that backfired, but not to me or you, but to a dog. And that's just the beginning of it.

Quote:

If you have a fully altered dog, you -do- know the difference.

...Yet you didn't explain why.

My girl may be intact, but I've never seen any difference in other dogs, and I just happen to be in contact with a lot of dogs.

Quote:

While I'll say right now, fooling around with a completely intact male is not only a favorite fantasy of mine it -was- one of the hottest, most arousing and enjoyable experiences of my life even being so young.

Seems like you're trying to hide the fact that it really does play a part in loving them after all.

Well WC: Waste of time apparently even giving you a chance to debate here. The thread is finished. You had a chance to provide some perhaps useful information and you blew it. Any further posts by you will be deleted in any thread along with your clone accounts being removed.

sw

On consideration the thread is unlocked, the irritant will be removed. All others wishing to continue the discussion should not be penalized.

sw

Quote:
5 hours ago, silverwolf1 said:

On consideration the thread is unlocked, the irritant will be removed. All others wishing to continue the discussion should not be penalized.

sw

Thanks!

Thanks Silverwolf: I don't really have anything to add here but I do think it's good to have the option for new members or others to share their thoughts, in a constructive manner of course.

I wonder if maybe zoowg could get a private wiki.  Animal guides could go on there, so could a continuously-improving article on spay/neuter options/alternatives.

Quote:
1 hour ago, Eagle said:

I wonder if maybe zoowg could get a private wiki.  Animal guides could go on there, so could a continuously-improving article on spay/neuter options/alternatives.

We have a husbandry and health section; usually these kind of threads get moved there after they slow down.

I am not for neutering  or Spaying , a part of my love includes respect for the animals bodily autonomy. 

As long as they are not involved in an unintended breeding it is a non - issue.