• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
so how is everyone surviving the pandemic

[Image: 5f66765ede932_Notnow.jpg.b448201e988a61c...96dedf.jpg]

Hm.  Booze is one item that does not seem to be in short supply here.  Our Governor decided early on that liquor stores are essential businesses.   Bars are still not allowed to open though.  Doesn't matter to me, I haven't had a drink in almost 25 years.

FWIW, Aldi stores sell beer and wine here.

Excuse me-- Isn't that a Star Trek uniform?  

He needn't worry.  The guys in red shirts didn't last long enough to get drunk.... 

Quote:
7 hours ago, heavyhorse said:

Excuse me-- Isn't that a Star Trek uniform?  

He needn't worry.  The guys in red shirts didn't last long enough to get drunk.... 

That's Mr. Scott though, "Scotty" always pulled through.. 

sw

i love aldis...they have cheapest ground coffee...i got a little over 2 lbs once for 4.50...muuuum love my morning coffee...

Quote:
4 hours ago, shortleash said:

muuuum love my morning coffee...

Coffee and advil.  Advil and coffee.  6:00 AM. 

The big round button on the dashboard marked "START".  

Oh, btw:  You can take your decaf and carefully insert where the sun don't shine....... 

Quote:
1 hour ago, heavyhorse said:

Oh, btw:  You can take your decaf and carefully insert where the sun don't shine....... 

I live on Mt. Dew. Lots and lots of Mt. Dew. Coffee just ain't strong enough anymore..

sw

Quote:
5 hours ago, silverwolf1 said:

I live on Mt. Dew. Lots and lots of Mt. Dew. Coffee just ain't strong enough anymore..

sw

If that didn't kill me my Doctor would-- I take several pills for BP; Dr conceded I wasn't going to give up coffee but no-no'ed decongestants and such....

Quote:
6 hours ago, heavyhorse said:

If that didn't kill me my Doctor would-- I take several pills for BP; Dr conceded I wasn't going to give up coffee but no-no'ed decongestants and such....

My blood pressure "normalized" (Gads, I hope I never do!) after the 3rd bout with the big C, the one that I refused surgery and chemo for and went Native on. I'm not swearing by or recommending results from what I did. Could be the tumors itself changed my bp levels. My caffiene intake is still high though. I don't use salt but.. I eat red meat, bloody and lots of it. I am a wolf after all *chuckles*. But I really don't watch any of the other things I should for a high BP patient and mine was pretty bad. 

sw

*Article in today's paper:  Coffee drinkers w/ cancer diagnosis live longer with coffee.  Lots of it.  4 cups or more.  Higher amounts result in nearer-normal lifespan.*

Of course what he said:

Quote:
3 hours ago, silverwolf1 said:

I'm not swearing by or recommending results from what I did.

I take my stupid pills.  Never missed a day in 20 years (after a week in hospital).  No stimulant drugs. Ever.

But I eat salt.  A lot.  Will kill a random stranger for salty buttered popcorn.  Less beef now (cows are nice people) but occasional real burgers; pork, chicken, fish, most days.  Mostly fried.  Fried green tomatoes.  Fried zucchini.  Coffee as propulsion fuel until about 3 PM. 

But like he said:

Quote:
3 hours ago, silverwolf1 said:

I'm not swearing by or recommending results from what I did.

*Clocks in at 120/70*