• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What type of hobbies do you have?

[Image: Buv2Fd6.jpg.a04303693b44de85127ba586eacce954.jpg]

Quote:
On 5/3/2018 at 1:18 PM, littlejohn said:

You got it truncated.  not "The sh** you have will expand to fit the available space". , but "The sh** you have will expand to fit the available space plus two large cardboard boxes.".

and expand into the giant pile behind the barn, behind the house, the basement .... until  you have to repile the piles so you can add  more

like these guys ... [Image: 5af8ceab90c56_barnjunk.jpg.e04728fb36a79...883420.jpg]<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="https://zoowg.org/uploads/monthly_2018_05/IMG_1471.JPG.514d838dd0f83ef03c47d73bda8d10b2.JPG" data-fileid="3461">[Image: IMG_1471.thumb.JPG.336c162527c616ecc492a34f9c24eb7c.JPG]</a>

Quote:
12 minutes ago, arcticwolf said:

and expand into the giant pile behind the barn, behind the house, the basement .... until  you have to repile the piles so you can add  more

like these guys ... [Image: 5af8ceab90c56_barnjunk.jpg.e04728fb36a79...883420.jpg]<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" data-fileid="3461" href="https://zoowg.org/uploads/monthly_2018_05/IMG_1471.JPG.514d838dd0f83ef03c47d73bda8d10b2.JPG">[Image: IMG_1471.thumb.JPG.336c162527c616ecc492a34f9c24eb7c.JPG]</a>

The answer to that seems obvious to me.      You need a farm!

Idk...I own a farm with quite some hectares of additional land...and nowhere on my farm and land stuff is scattered around. Hell, if you would walk into my stables with a pizza, tripping and dropping the pizza onto its cheesy top side, you could pick it up and still eat it without even biting on one grain of sand, let alone hay or straw. I have to buy new brooms every three weeks because I like my farm clean and tidy. I don´t keep my trash as trophies and have all the stuff I don´t need anymore recycled properly. Not only because I was taught over and over again as an apprentice that "stable hygiene" is some kind of a business card for the farm, but also to give the impression of a well kept area to avoid unnecessary problems. If there´s one thing I learned from the decades being a pothead in a country where cannabis still is illegal, then it´s: If you do something illegal and/or something you don´t want others to know, you gotta be a law abiding citizen in everything else. I grow cannabis for myself, so I don´t do speeding with my car, pay my taxes without any dealys, am friendly towards the cops etc. pp. ...doing everything to NOT stick out of the crowd, even as the owner of an expensive, rather luxurious farm...or especially as that. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=";)" width="20" /> 

I collect, and I keep repairable "junk". Both have their area, and are neatly kept. A farm must, in my opinion, be kept neat to be kept healthy. Besides that, I entertain customers here, and first impressions are everything. I also ascribe to the rule of "One item in, one out" for the "junk".

sw

Farmers are packrats by nature.     Let me give you an example why.      We have dozens of obsolete and worn out implements weighing between 8000 and 14000 lbs.      We use them as gates.      After the end of a season we park them on the crossing into fields we want to keep idiots out of.       If you don't have a class 3 tractor with quick hitch, it's locked to you.

There's a difference between stuff accumulating, and hoarding; the image above crosses the line.  The stuff in the piles has become useless and inaccessible; keeping stuff only serves a purpose if you can get to it.  Many projects would be impossible if you had to buy every damn part at retail and every bit of steel at $12 a foot.  If you could even buy it; the steel you buy is often grade 2 or 3.  The shaft from a hydraulic cylinder is somewhere above grade 14, if you could apply grades to it; I know I had to re-sharpen a drill bit every 1/4 inch to drill through one to make a part for a tractor (that you can't buy the part for anymore, and the original part didn't hold up anyway).  Most farms have piles (in areas inaccessible to the animals) as a resource.

I learned long ago, "don't look at stuff for what it is, look at it for what it can be (what it's made of)".   You can buy consumer goods for a fraction of what it would cost you to buy the parts it's made of.  Often for less than the cost of just one part if you had to go out and buy it or have it fabricated.

And yes, I certainly recycle.  I don't chuck crap in gullies (with the possible exception of "organics"; the Game and Fish guy told me to "shoot it and chuck it" re: predator control).  But since the Great Recession stuff is harder to recycle, prices are too low.  So the true junk builds up some.  For now.

Quote:
On 5/6/2018 at 0:06 AM, Ramseys said:

[Image: Buv2Fd6.jpg.a04303693b44de85127ba586eacce954.jpg]

I swear I know this guy!  Add 75 Lbs and he's a ringer for the neighbor on the south, before the State sold the house . . . . .   (He had a minor "substance" problem, and the brains god gave a turnip.  When the cops stopped his car, he offered them some--.  

My hobbies are, cycling in the forest and fix the bicycles.

If only I could get a dog to go with me. I'm only a dog away from the perfect day.

Quote:
7 hours ago, Cat said:

My hobbies are, cycling in the forest and fix the bicycles.

If only I could get a dog to go with me. I'm only a dog away from the perfect day.

Thus you need a dog with long legs and a thin coat, to keep up and not get overheated--