• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guns

Quote:
On 5/8/2019 at 6:14 PM, arcticwolf said:

wish i still had the old 22/410 ... no idea what make it was anymore

Last I knew, there were some over/under rifle-shotgun combos still being made, but the variety had spread out; I know I saw .223 as a rifle option. Can't recall others. I think a .223/12 gauge would be decent. .410 isn't all that practical now due to the low variety of loads available, but you can get anything you can dream of in 12 gauge, including (IMO) some fairly useless ones like flechettes and those flame-thrower shells, called dragon-breath, I think.

Quote:
2 hours ago, threelegs said:

useless ones like flechettes and those flame-thrower shells, called dragon-breath, I think.

Not totally useless. With those "Dragon's Breath" ones, you can set your property on fire really quick. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wacko.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=":S" width="20" />

Quote:
7 hours ago, littlejohn said:

What >i< want is a Venus .22 submachine gun.  I only ever saw one, an Air Farce OSI guy had it.  I'd pay the license fee for one.  Sounds like a big zipper or a small fart when you shoot it.

Now that's  the small fart that kills.

Quote:
16 hours ago, Ramseys said:

Not totally useless. With those "Dragon's Breath" ones, you can set your property on fire really quick. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wacko.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=":S" width="20" />

Hmmm.  Just what I want.  And so much cheaper than a hand sprayer of gas and a grille lighter...... 

Just to the side of everything, so to speak, try out this website:

https://www.theboxotruth.com/

I found it a few years or so ago and it's still entertaining and informative. Their motto is: "Shooting stuff is fun", but they do get serious doing real-life experiments with firearms and debunking myths (movie myths, a lot). From them, for instance, I learned how to build a target backstop that never failed: just a shallow sandbox stood on edge. They shot up an old Buick and told you that no ordinary car is cover. All great stuff; check it out.

Quote:
6 hours ago, threelegs said:

Just to the side of everything, so to speak, try out this website:

https://www.theboxotruth.com/

I found it a few years or so ago and it's still entertaining and informative. Their motto is: "Shooting stuff is fun", but they do get serious doing real-life experiments with firearms and debunking myths (movie myths, a lot). From them, for instance, I learned how to build a target backstop that never failed: just a shallow sandbox stood on edge. They shot up an old Buick and told you that no ordinary car is cover. All great stuff; check it out.

An interesting link, though the articles, like this one https://www.theboxotruth.com/educational...-1-garand/ on my favorite rifle ( I own 10) are a bit simplistic. Thanks for the entertaining link.

sw

[Image: 5c750a6c7dc318152960175de8bdf322.jpg.acf...6f82f4.jpg]

Have you seen the ones they make someplace around here?  Looks like prongs that are curved. 

Quote:
On 5/14/2019 at 3:49 AM, Ramseys said:

[Image: 5c750a6c7dc318152960175de8bdf322.jpg.acf...6f82f4.jpg]

I'll bet trauma surgeons really hate those things.

I think the idea is to save the sawbones the trouble.