• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An assessment of Zoophilia from an Animal rights group

While re-checking the exact view Rene Descartes had about Animals, I ran across an Animal rights website I had not heard of before, Animalethics.org. With what I saw there and their activist stance, I was concerned about their position on Zoophilia.

It took a bit - no, a lot - of searching, but I found what they had to say:

hXXp://www.animalethics.org.uk/zoophilia.html

And to my surprise, it appears to be fairly even-handed. The only overtly incorrect information is its current legality in the US states, but that is best attributed to the legal status in numerous states having changed since the page was written.

I haven't read the rest of the site, beyond the skimming of headings & titles, including those referring to "strategy & tactics". But the Zoophily page gives me cause for some very cautious "encouragement", if it can be called that ("optimism" might be a stretch).

And with the original objective complete, I can now re-assert the following:

NEVER put Descartes before your Horse!

hXXp://www.google.com/search?q=rene+descartes+animal+consciousness

Resident Hyaena *..*

I've seen that, as well as some of their other stuff. It's been a while ago so memory is a bit fuzzy.

I can say though that they do seem a bit more 'fair handed' on us than other places do: that being said a lot of caution is definitely still needed.

Hell some people still see Zoophilia as a mental illness even though the DSM-V doesn't call it such (I believe that's still valid anyways).