• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regarding male dogs, intimacy and having a sexual life with them...

I like dogs in the way that they are so practical you can basically share your outdoors hobbies with them, very easily, which is good for them and good for you; I mean I get how dogs are in the practical sense, which is most of what your life as a couple would be; as an active person, I am very glad the dog can integrate in my hobbies.

But, there's something that worries me a lot about getting to have a relationship with a dog; when we go into the more intimate side, I love cuddling, grooming, caressing and kissing, a lot, in fact it's the main reason I have sleep issues. While it's not about cuddling all night, I know dogs get hot (plus we'd kick each other anyway) some interaction, caressing and kissing; it's really needed.

But some people say no you cannot get that, dogs don't really like it, not even if he is your mate.

And then once we get to the more sexual side of things the same thing applies, while I love how male dogs, are different and are more interested in longer sessions of play and sex (are they?) and well, they knot seems like a lovely mechanism, the same applies for the sexual side as intimacy; personally to me I tend to like the same things, kissing, grooming and caressing; I like to feel the animal that's the whole reason I am zoosexual, it's strange but sex on its own doesn't turn me on, it's the aroused animal that does; I've been practicing with toys, hopefully to eventually be able to do it missionary.

And yet I just don't know how flexible they are sexual wise, some people say yes they'd chill with you and your sexual ventures with him because dogs like foreplay a lot, other's say that dogs like sex one way and you should not expect much else than mount, 180 turns and eventual ripped knots.

It worries me because I really need a lover, in the whole sense, from the practical side of sharing hobbies, to the intimacy and having sex together; and I really want it to work, and I am so scared of failure, I think I am very flexible myself, I like many species and adapt to what my partner needs would be, but I can't change the why I am zoosexual, I can't change my own needs; for company, grooming, kissing, and caressing.

The long term effects are more lasting than the short term ones, and can either uplift or hurt more than the short term ones.  For what it's worth, the folks who have put all their emotional energy into an animal became devastated when it died, and they recovered from it, but it was one of the most difficult times of their life.  Companionship with any one animal is only temporary regardless of how that time was spent with them, regardless how it plays out according to their behavior as a breed or their personality as an individual.

Dogs are very individualistic.  My German Shepherd mate was not big on cuddling, but she enjoyed extended periods of intimacy.  I just took on a foster dog, by contrast, whom likes to cuddle and stay in physical contact while we sleep.

I can only double down on this:

Quote:
On 7/6/2018 at 3:53 PM, Eagle said:

Dogs are very individualistic.

You can have 2 siblings from the same litter that are polar opposites, in any attribute you care to define.  Some are loners, some cry if they have to leave your side, some are smart as a whip and you only have to show them something once, some don't have the brains god gave a turnip.  And unfortunately they don't come with a "try before you buy" guarantee, you just have to take your chances.  What happens if the first 3 you try are completely incompatible, before you find your exact match in #4?  Seriously; I have no answer.  Just saying to realize this and not let it add to your disappointment.