• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello everyone

So I finally decided to join this site. I don't want to make this into a long introduction, so I'll keep it short.

I am a horse zoo but have yet to meet a horse. As funny as that sounds, it is actually more complicated than most can imagine.

Welcome to the forum.

sw

Quote:
12 hours ago, Saturnine said:

I am a horse zoo but have yet to meet a horse. As funny as that sounds, it is actually more complicated than most can imagine.

i'll bite.  if you care to explain, i'm curious to hear about it.

Quote:
41 minutes ago, onewhoistwo said:

i'll bite.  if you care to explain, i'm curious to hear about it.

I have a disability that prevents me from being around them. I could go on about this, but I'd rather not.

I don't mean to demean nor condescend, but ... bear in mind that I think all of us having experience in pushing fantasy into reality have found reality never really matches fantasy.  I think all of us whom have had experience have had disappointing lessons in that.  Some keep pushing the dream even as reality doesn't match up, and that can be unhealthy.  Its great to have an interest, and its a very powerful impulse, but be prepared for the reality of horses to not match your preconceptions, and make sure you leave yourself a clear understanding that, for all you desire and push for, its entirely possible and quite okay that you find, after contact, you aren't as deeply into the reality horses as your preconceptions impulsively motivated you.

That said, welcome to zoowg.

Quote:
16 minutes ago, Eagle said:

That said, welcome to zoowg.

Strangely enough, I don't feel too welcomed here.

Sorry that you feel that way.  Again nothing I said was meant as a personal insult, its just that I -- like all the old sourpusses -- have gone through the "ZOMG I want contact with X" (be it horses, dogs or a movie star) only to find realty starkly different, and many of us -- I, specifically, have -- have seen a friend pursue a fantasy to harmful ends.  I know I very much did not feel welcomed when old hat zoos preached at me when I was a newbie, and I promise you I don't preach merely because its SomethingUnpleasant™ I was forced to go through and thus you too, but merely because there's a risk in working yourself up too much.  I hope you are able to have a real taste of your dream, I just want you to be careful and prepare yourself for the reality that it may not go as you hope.  Its sound advice to hopefully take greater care and reduce the hazard for you, I regret that it makes you feel unwelcome, that's not the intent, but I grant that's an effect particularly given my own poor communication skills.

I've waited far too long to be let down.

The only problem is that nobody seems willing to help me with this.

Quote:
5 hours ago, Saturnine said:

Strangely enough, I don't feel too welcomed here.

ZF, reddit and now here...say, can´t you see that the poor reception you face has something to do with your monothematic approach? With your constant denial to do something...anything to better your situation? Everything you wrote was more or less a) whining  and b) refusing any advice given with lame and weak excuses. 

If the only thing you do is dismissing any advice with some "reason" why you cannot follow it, people will stop giving advice. Isn´t that obvious? Especially people who had to endure your "pity rap" routine before quickly come to the conclusion that a) you cannot be helped , b) you don´t want to be helped and c) the real thing you´re in here for is collecting attention and pity. And I don´t see anything that would change my mind on you here. 

The way that you've all been treating me is atrocious.

You go out of your way to make me feel like shit.