• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Total Eclipse across the USA

<strong style="margin:0px;padding:0px;border:0px;font-size:inherit;padding:0px;border:0px;font-size:inherit;padding:0px;border:0px;font-size:inherit;line-height:inherit;vertical-align:baseline;font-family:Arial;color:rgb(0,0,0);">Observers outside this path will still see a partial solar eclipse where the moon covers part of the sun's disk. </strong>
Where will you be when the Earth stops spinning? 
Have you made any plans to travel to the area of total eclipse or are you content with a partial view... or maybe you couldn't care less... ?
Nasa has a Web site devoted to information about this event.
https://eclipse2017.nasa.gov

For me, I'll be traveling to the Omaha, Nebraska area to be with friends at the Restaurant at the End of the Universe! Taking all the dogs with me too. No reason they should miss out on this, right!

I've been waiting for this for *years*.
We'll be travelling into the path as well, I'm hoping very much for clear skies!

Don't forget to make a lot of noise during the eclipse! Skoll and Hati, the wolves who chase the Moon and Sun, will be trying to devour them so they can set loose their father, Fenrir. If they succeed, Fenrir's chain will be broken, he will go free to fight and kill Odin. That's Ragnarok, man. End of the fucking world!

So shout and bang those pans! Gotta chase away the brother wolves (sexy though they be).

I live in the path.  No travel necessary.

I'll be seeing the partial from here in NY. I too have been looking forward to this event, but travel right now is an impossibility unfortunately.
sw

Yea, though I walk in the path of totality, I shall bang no pans for I am a man of science. Plus, I have a railgun with silver bullets, so Skoll and Hati best step off, 'cuz I be bringin' da heat. ;-)

Cant wait to see it

Ill be having a big bonfire that night, celebrating the eclipse, will only partially see it from where I'm at; but nonetheless astrology is a big inspiration of mine [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]

Quote:Ill be having a big bonfire that night, celebrating the eclipse, will only partially see it from where I'm at; but nonetheless astrology is a big inspiration of mine [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]
Edit:
The timer ran out before I could edit this in..
In my view an eclipse is very sacred, it symbolizes Ying and yang, light and dark; the God of the sun and the goddess of the moon joining together in perfect union..

Waiting for it to get here...
[Image: IMG_2282_Sam.thumb.jpg.688855e5094e54535...28fc74.jpg]

Looking thru the filtered glasses...

[Image: IMG_2282.thumb.JPG.c514a2727bee0943e24c31832c640d8f.JPG]

[Image: IMG_2284.thumb.JPG.6f83d3a16455183e0f42d244f6f2838f.JPG]

[Image: IMG_2286.thumb.JPG.4b24c51e874475cf359fb8b56b800268.JPG]

[Image: IMG_2288.thumb.JPG.450c49981a64024568c4e234d4294b89.JPG]