• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Social Anxiety and Zoophilia

I'd imagine being zoophile doesn't cause social anxiety other factors are involved normally; Anxiety disorders are usually caused from trauma at one point or another in your life (but it can be a symptom of another underlying disorder such as autism so that's not always true), wether it be emotional or physical..

I do believe however that being a zoophile that suffers from anxiety but has an animal around would be a help to treating it or at least give a sense of security to lesson the symptoms.. so it does in a way influence anxiety to improvement, it is seen as a opinion of many psychologists that animals can be therapeutical..

I'll explain at least for me Ive found with a dog around when I'm around other people I don't feel as anxious or on the edge of panicking, I open up alot more than usual, I begin to feel at ease, unfrozen as if I can actually speak, I don't feel the constant fear that I'll say something wrong (yes some people have anxiety that affects them to that extreme of an extent) there is something about the presence of a dog that is reassuring, calming, almost therapeutic without the need for any words being said, the presence of a dog can be healing to a point; (more so when I'm around a dog I already have a connection with)

Even with the impulse to hate others in my mind that stems from the intense fear of people that takes over on a constant basis, having a dog around reminds me that the most important thing in life to do is love not hate; don't get me wrong though it is still very hard to function as a "normal" person of society with disorders that affect your ability to function socially, I can't bring a dog with me anywhere I go, even if I'd like to...

Now the flip of the coin; I believe that being zoophile is going to make social anxiety even worse in some ways as the main fear of social anxiety is what people think of you, even if they don't know of your zoophilic lifestyle, you'll still feel as I they are judging you, would abandon you if they did find out, or will find out somehow, even if it may be irrational to think that way, people that are zoophile with anxiety would feel that way, I do anyways; sad thing is it's true, most people would abandon someone because of a lifestyle such as zoophilia without a second thought..

@Silverwolf: "...if searching brings you peace then search away" Yeah, I second that. But oftentimes, people are too focused on finding something at the end of the path while the true element of growth actually is the experience of walking that path. When finding a "reason" becomes obsessive and accepting that there is no single "reason" becomes taboo, the whole process of searching becomes toxic. I also wouldn´t say that I "chose" to act on my urges ´cause when I stood with the mare I had a sexual encounter with, I hasn´t felt like "Hmmm, should I? Or shouldn´t I?" To me, all my actions leading towards this moment like becoming a memeber of a riding club more felt like destiny has set a path for me and forcing me down this path regardless of what I was thinking of it. Or, as Goethe said : "Halb zog es ihn, halb sank er hin..." (One half of him was irresistable drawn into it, the other half was him submitting to it). But, as you said, everyone has a different perspective and results may vary largely here.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      @cynolove: Therapeutical benefits from animals aren´t an opinion, they´re scientifically proven and common knowledge among therapeuts. I too experienced a tremendous boost from being around horses as a teenager. I became more self confident, more approachable than I was before, more involved in social interaction ´cause you cannot avoid running into other people in a public boarding stable/riding school. I´d even say that signing in to this riding school has largely shaped me as a social being. Before that, I was what you´d call a loner, not because I was socially awkward and lacked social skills, but because I was completely uninterested in humans at all. .                              I surely had my fears of being discovered as a practicing zoo in my life, but it never piled up to a bona fide general anxiety. I guess what predominantly saved me from developing such is my experience as a pothead ´cause I never seen another subgroup of people that gives less shit on "legality" than stoners do...at least if they´re the habitual 24/7 stoners, not some wannabe teenagers turning pale whenever they see a police car heading in their direction. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=";)" width="20" /> I often wonder whether all these anxious folks have "I fuck animals!" tattooed on their foreheads; as I said before, most "zoos" running into problems with authority have contributed a rather vast portion to raise the attention towards them themselves. Most of those "anxious zoos" make one basic mistake when thinking that the way out of their anxiety is talking when in reality it´s the direct opposite. Yeah, you all have to learn how to shut up on a pro level, that´s the way out. You all have to overcome your ego, the little man sitting in your heads, whispering "You HAVE to tell EVERYBODY!" in your ears. You might know the Kantian phrase of "Sapere aude!" that roughly translates to "Be confident enough to use your mind!", but I believe that in zoophilia, "Tacere aude!" ("Be confident enough in yourself to stay silent!") would be the most beneficial advice. I don´t know how the world will be in 50, 100 or 200 years, but now, learning to cherish silence as an ally would help our community tremendously. "Zoo anxiety" levels would lower significantly by simply adapting this; the time isn´t right just yet and as hard as it may seem for some (why though? Honestly, why is it so important that everyone knows what makes your noodle hard?), it is the better choice to not try and push zoophilia into the public. Many problems in our community are self made, I guess...but the first step to solving a problem is to become aware of the problem...so, what is it you all expect from "zoo advocacy" in public? Do you really believe all the ones who reject any sexual contact between humans and animals will all of a sudden bump their palms onto their foreheads, saying "Oh gosh, of course you should be allowed to pump away at any quadruped!" and "Hell, I´ll immediately call my representant in congress and insist that he makes fucking animals legal tomorrow!"?                                                                                                        I made my peace with society and the fact that my orientation now is deemed "illegal" since the German law was installed in 2013. I just have no reason to be anxious because I know how much you have to screw up to actually be prosecuted for "zoophilia". I have calculated the risk and accepted it as a part of my orientation, my life (not a friggin´ ´lifestyle`) and my reality. I don´t want a safe space, I prefer actual life, even if it gets a little rough on me. That´s part of living anyway. And one thing I can assure to all of you anxious people as a zoo who´s practicing his orientation for nearly 30 years now: It isn´t so bad! You CAN live it, there is no FBI unit waiting at your door , ready to break and enter at any moment. Just pay attention on whom you give incriminating info about you and learn to subdue that little man in your head that keeps you thinking you have to "come out" to anyone in order to be able of living a good life. Yes, people may reject you for your orientation and you even may have to endure some hard times in your life, but you don´t overcome your fear of ghosts by leaving the lights on in your entire house. Confront yourself with your fears, learn to rationalise them, learn to calculate the ACTUAL risks involved...fear actually IS good, nature gave you this feeling for a reason. Fear keeps you alert and focused, embrace it and cherish it as a possibility to train your awareness of your surroundings, your friends and family and how they might think about zoophilia...don´t try to avoid it solely for the reason of shaping reality into a safe space. And let me assure you that living a "zoo life" is absolutely possible without ever being caught or exposed if you obey a few safety rules. No one will look at you and say "This guy´s an animal fucker!", no one has "I fuck animals!" tattooed on their foreheads. Just learn to live with the dangers involved, know them and do your best to avoid them. Stay away from publishing "zoo" stuff yourselves, don´t give in to your "little man" in your heads bugging you to tell everyone about your special interests and you all will be good. And even IF you are caught in an incriminating situation, you might just be surprised by how little repercussions it sometimes can have: my best friend, also a zoo and my ex roommate once was caught with his head under his cow´s tail by the owner of the farm his cow is standing at. The owner approached him, simply saying "Well, I can´t understand what you´re doing, but I saw enough to know you would never ever hurt her"....and walked away, leaving behind my friend who was still full of adrenaline from the rush of being spotted red handed. Help and support will sometimes come from the most unexpected directions....true love will conquer and prevail.                                                                                                       

Quote:
12 hours ago, 30-30 said:

@Silverwolf: "...if searching brings you peace then search away" Yeah, I second that. But oftentimes, people are too focused on finding something at the end of the path while the true element of growth actually is the experience of walking that path. When finding a "reason" becomes obsessive and accepting that there is no single "reason" becomes taboo, the whole process of searching becomes toxic. I also wouldn´t say that I "chose" to act on my urges ´cause when I stood with the mare I had a sexual encounter with, I hasn´t felt like "Hmmm, should I? Or shouldn´t I?" To me, all my actions leading towards this moment like becoming a memeber of a riding club more felt like destiny has set a path for me and forcing me down this path regardless of what I was thinking of it. Or, as Goethe said : "Halb zog es ihn, halb sank er hin..." (One half of him was irresistable drawn into it, the other half was him submitting to it). But, as you said, everyone has a different perspective and results may vary largely here.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      @cynolove: Therapeutical benefits from animals aren´t an opinion, they´re scientifically proven and common knowledge among therapeuts. I too experienced a tremendous boost from being around horses as a teenager. I became more self confident, more approachable than I was before, more involved in social interaction ´cause you cannot avoid running into other people in a public boarding stable/riding school. I´d even say that signing in to this riding school has largely shaped me as a social being. Before that, I was what you´d call a loner, not because I was socially awkward and lacked social skills, but because I was completely uninterested in humans at all. .                              I surely had my fears of being discovered as a practicing zoo in my life, but it never piled up to a bona fide general anxiety. I guess what predominantly saved me from developing such is my experience as a pothead ´cause I never seen another subgroup of people that gives less shit on "legality" than stoners do...at least if they´re the habitual 24/7 stoners, not some wannabe teenagers turning pale whenever they see a police car heading in their direction. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=";)" width="20" /> I often wonder whether all these anxious folks have "I fuck animals!" tattooed on their foreheads; as I said before, most "zoos" running into problems with authority have contributed a rather vast portion to raise the attention towards them themselves. Most of those "anxious zoos" make one basic mistake when thinking that the way out of their anxiety is talking when in reality it´s the direct opposite. Yeah, you all have to learn how to shut up on a pro level, that´s the way out. You all have to overcome your ego, the little man sitting in your heads, whispering "You HAVE to tell EVERYBODY!" in your ears. You might know the Kantian phrase of "Sapere aude!" that roughly translates to "Be confident enough to use your mind!", but I believe that in zoophilia, "Tacere aude!" ("Be confident enough in yourself to stay silent!") would be the most beneficial advice. I don´t know how the world will be in 50, 100 or 200 years, but now, learning to cherish silence as an ally would help our community tremendously. "Zoo anxiety" levels would lower significantly by simply adapting this; the time isn´t right just yet and as hard as it may seem for some (why though? Honestly, why is it so important that everyone knows what makes your noodle hard?), it is the better choice to not try and push zoophilia into the public. Many problems in our community are self made, I guess...but the first step to solving a problem is to become aware of the problem...so, what is it you all expect from "zoo advocacy" in public? Do you really believe all the ones who reject any sexual contact between humans and animals will all of a sudden bump their palms onto their foreheads, saying "Oh gosh, of course you should be allowed to pump away at any quadruped!" and "Hell, I´ll immediately call my representant in congress and insist that he makes fucking animals legal tomorrow!"?                                                                                                        I made my peace with society and the fact that my orientation now is deemed "illegal" since the German law was installed in 2013. I just have no reason to be anxious because I know how much you have to screw up to actually be prosecuted for "zoophilia". I have calculated the risk and accepted it as a part of my orientation, my life (not a friggin´ ´lifestyle`) and my reality. I don´t want a safe space, I prefer actual life, even if it gets a little rough on me. That´s part of living anyway. And one thing I can assure to all of you anxious people as a zoo who´s practicing his orientation for nearly 30 years now: It isn´t so bad! You CAN live it, there is no FBI unit waiting at your door , ready to break and enter at any moment. Just pay attention on whom you give incriminating info about you and learn to subdue that little man in your head that keeps you thinking you have to "come out" to anyone in order to be able of living a good life. Yes, people may reject you for your orientation and you even may have to endure some hard times in your life, but you don´t overcome your fear of ghosts by leaving the lights on in your entire house. Confront yourself with your fears, learn to rationalise them, learn to calculate the ACTUAL risks involved...fear actually IS good, nature gave you this feeling for a reason. Fear keeps you alert and focused, embrace it and cherish it as a possibility to train your awareness of your surroundings, your friends and family and how they might think about zoophilia...don´t try to avoid it solely for the reason of shaping reality into a safe space. And let me assure you that living a "zoo life" is absolutely possible without ever being caught or exposed if you obey a few safety rules. No one will look at you and say "This guy´s an animal fucker!", no one has "I fuck animals!" tattooed on their foreheads. Just learn to live with the dangers involved, know them and do your best to avoid them. Stay away from publishing "zoo" stuff yourselves, don´t give in to your "little man" in your heads bugging you to tell everyone about your special interests and you all will be good. And even IF you are caught in an incriminating situation, you might just be surprised by how little repercussions it sometimes can have: my best friend, also a zoo and my ex roommate once was caught with his head under his cow´s tail by the owner of the farm his cow is standing at. The owner approached him, simply saying "Well, I can´t understand what you´re doing, but I saw enough to know you would never ever hurt her"....and walked away, leaving behind my friend who was still full of adrenaline from the rush of being spotted red handed. Help and support will sometimes come from the most unexpected directions....true love will conquer and prevail.                                                                                                       

You misunderstood what I meant, I don't have the urge to tell anyone I'm a zoophile, I know that silence keeps you safe; completely aware of that; honestly never meet another zoo online that wasn't cautious, not saying there isn't the fools out there but I'm definitely smart enough to not out myself.. As for you not experiencing social anxiety, I'm honestly glad you haven't, its hell (think a constant fear that everyone hates you, wether it's rational to feel that way or not, youll have no control over it), so your not going through it is honestly a blessing.

With that being said you don't really understand it as you've never truly experienced it so it's outside of your perception; it's not as simple as one just changes those feelings of anxiety when they are a part of their personality and neurodevelopment; if mental disorders were that black and white, that simple, then there really wouldn't be the need for psychologists/psychiatrist and all these medications they push on people..

If you think about it though every theory out there has been opinion until proven otherwise, I don't doubt one bit that animals help people with disabilities, and wasn't implying that it wasn't a common knowledge, sorry I should have used better wording there; sometimes I have that problem, bare with me..

Anyhow, I can relate to being a stoner though that is one other thing that helps me with my disabilities, "help's" is the underlying word there; its not a preventative or cure to it

I think there is something to this, but I feel it important to also mention there's a bit of a feedback loop, as when you engages in zoosexual activity, you cross a threshhold and become a member of a despised class, considered to be a sexual predator tantamount to pedophiles in the eyes of many.  I believe this is mentally and emotionally taxing, and I think its even more important for a zoo to acknowledge this strain and the importance of maintaining mental and emotional wellness.

To the topic;  I don't have social anxiety, I deal with the public, friends and total strangers, as my work takes me to their homes, farms and businesses.  I'm really good at smiling and ignoring (gawd the things I've seen).  Sure, some have just flat freaked me out, but not as anxiety, because a basement filled to the rafters with oozing garbage and a tiny goo-submerged path through mystery garbage bags is, well, um, I don't need the job that bad.  

*goes to the truck for a screwdriver and never looks back*

That said, I'm completely not a "people person", I have zero "social media" presence, I'd rather watch a movie at home than eat out.  I admit to myself that I'm a bit OCD, but as long as I can tell myself to quit obsessing because it's wasting time, it's not an issue.  (Actually I get marks for "attention to detail" from customers.)

I daydream at work about when I get home with my bitch.  That's the high point of my day........ 

I've always had a very hard time connecting with others. Eventually I gave up trying to please others and decided to live a relatively isolated lifestyle. I don't have any friends because there isn't a point to hanging around people, as far as I can tell. I can fake being nice to people, but underneath that facade is an introvert who cannot stand to socialize for more than five minutes at a time. Plus I've been emotionally abused by enough people that they aren't even worth it anymore.