• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When is a dog old enough?

Quote:
8 hours ago, silverwolf1 said:

Actually, guests can see threads.

Oh, I thought that changed, good to know you can show more important things to the outside. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> 

Quote:
7 hours ago, silverwolf1 said:

Your choice, and you have a right to your personal bias. Mine isn't personal bias.

I don't think you can be sure of that honestly, but not going to argue it. I think your biases are just as personal as my own.

Or, just as scientifically proven as mine in some cases.

Quote:
6 hours ago, elshara said:

Well, like anything else, dogs are known for being trained. You have to start at their pace. Yes they may be able to learn quickly, but I think it's a good idea to let the dog initiate interest.

Agreed here, fully. Never force, coax, or train sexual behavior, never ignore discomfort, and never pressure.

Quote:

Stick to 1 to 2 years depending on the signs your dog shows when interested in actual sexual activity. I think, for ease of mind, it'd be a good idea to have a dog close to a female in heat for the first time exposure to sex. Just to see normal canine behavior for yourself first hand. Females can sense instincts, something not all educated humans may know off hand. So if you can arrange it, you know what level they're ready to take on at that time in their life.

Agree, except for 'using a female' to test the waters.. If you've done your research (and you should have...) you should KNOW mating signs, signals, and be able to gauge your partner's reaction if you know them well enough. IMO, Pheromones or a 'real bitch' is a bit like goading them in to it honestly.

Quote:

Generally 3 years marks the mature period in dogs of all ages. Take the ratio of dog years, and multiply them by 7 for every human year. So a 1 human year old dog would be about 7 dog years old. In every species it's different, as the number of years for example for cats, would be 8. That's been the theory going around for awhile, and it may help you to know that in the first stages of sexual excitement, dogs actually are scared with the changes in their body. That's why it is recommended to wait more years until they are used to them to show initiated interest.

The '7 dog years' rumor is completely incorrect.  Studies have shown dogs to be around 18 when 1 year old, and 24 when two years old by human equivalence.. That being said, this is mainly based on reactionary testing, psychological signs, etc.. and in and of itself is not fully accurate: dogs mature differently and have a very different mental perspective, so trying to 'nail down' age equivalence (like I stated above) is difficult at best and impossible at worst.

Quote:

To answer your question, 6 months is far too young. On Beast Forum, the general accepted age for first interest would be when the dog in dog years becomes 18. Which would be in human years, 2.5 years (912.5 days) old. For every 365 days for a human year, at a rough estimate, I'd say a dog turns another year older every 52 days. In my opinion, waiting until 3 years would be preferable where you don't have to worry, which is where all the puberty stuff will have disipated if the dog is properly socialized around both other canines and other environments. I swear a lot of domestic dogs protectiveness comes from the inability to balance out aggressive energy with passionate energy. So when normal every day personal activities gets interrupted, the dog sees it as a threat rather than a chance to continue after waiting. Of course, you can't breed impatience or non instincts out of dogs, but you can teach them how to behave around others better when they recognize what to do when encounter more unknown things in their life. Isolation for any species hurts them the most.

See my statement on age above, and I'm sorry: but BeastForum (IMO) was a TERRIBLE place for information given the sorts of content they permitted, sold, and promoted..

Good to know about the rumor on dog ages. Honestly age isn't everything, but it also seems human information on perceived analogies isn't even close to complete as history shows us new information being such a conflict to previously believed ideals on what's actually real.

It seems more emphasis now days is being placed on individual growth periods than anything else. Feelings, emotions and instincts  tends to be a universal language all beings understand. The science behind feelings will tell you the meaning behind what animals are comfortable with overall, including dogs and humans. The more we listen to our feelings, the more our baser sides get to understand awareness in real time, closer to how a dog may perceive events than humans. Over thought is what gives rise to theories, which in turn gets misinterpreted as no actions can account for them on a personal level.

Previously it was believed that dogs are social animals. Hell, if you have a neighborhood and there's 5 dogs in that neighborhood who live in separate houses, they'll likely not all share the same warmth to each other let alone to strangers as their owners however clueless would like you to believe. Dogs don't seem to know if they take things too far and socialization at best can only mute those instincts to be aggressive and dominant, yet you get entirely mixed bags with dogs as individuals, let alone in terms of breed characteristics. So I'd say in light of this, you'll know your dog best if you pay attention to the feelings and body language passing between you.

Something else to consider, how a dog may get to know you best. And for that, we as humans can only be attentive to a point. The rest is trial and error. With a key emphasis on individual strengths and weaknesses. Most animals use body language to convey thoughts and feelings to others. Humans have decided to forget a lot of body language signals and so other animals particularly ones on 4 legs tend to use everything from pack structure to survival instincts to know by ones approach and moment to moment contact how interactions with others will play out. It's a learning process that usually starts at a young age and ends up becoming the things unsaid passed between you that form a relationship stronger than good intentions and misdeeds will prove. Dogs listen and learn in the same moment, from those who help contribute to their survival in return. This is why one dog favors someone more so than others.

Sex is something dogs now days rarely get to experience. They can't fight for their food on their own, so naturally it's easier for a dog whose lived with humans all of their life to gravitate with assistance towards sexual contact with us. In the dogs mind, we are the god that gives food, shelter, a place to sleep and if the occasion calls for it, a good romp in the hay. We as pack leaders naturally set the tone for what is acceptable to a dog, and so when you train dogs to be your equal, they need to know when, where and how. The why to them, usually is left up to the leader to showcase interest. When a dog knows something's coming, he or she will be prepared for it and can react accordingly. If you share your life with other humans, dogs won't know where to draw the line. Not when they've discovered that they can eat with humans, sleep in the same room with them, meet them and have one pet them all without consequence. I think this separation is what is most difficult for a dog to learn, as knowing the other basics involved with training, including potty training, or other commands like sit and stay, tend to follow actions repetitive to a dogs regular life routine.

I think that if you teach a dog to potty train first, followed by other commands so the dog is well behaved and knows that to eat, you have to go to the kitchen. And to pee, you have to go outside. Then to have sex, later on, you go to the bedroom. Where a dog may sleep can be different from where a dog may mate, but this separation will help them adapt to human life styles easier and follow along with us better. Just try not to isolate the dog too much, but just remember sex is not the reason you get a dog. You get one to have a companion for life. You live your life together and can usually tell when a dog understands something better by their ability to be okay with it once it's an action they regularly perform. I believe dogs are visual learners, and use their own experiences as a part of what they know to remember others by such events in turn.

Dogs need to know you first, before they get to know your penis or vagina. Once they know that, and know what they want from you in such a context, you should have no problems in the bedroom. I just think that too many people go into this blind, and end up showing dogs it's okay to demand sex any time they are feeling horny, when certain situations call for a more private approach. Dogs should know you in turn, so that you learn from each other together what you both want, as owning a dog is as much about establishing a relationship as it is about understanding your own mutual needs.

Any animal needs to establish trust before they will consider mating. And so once you have trust established, you train first in other areas, before you get to sex. I think this as a universal rule of thumb should help anyone be better acquainted with the language of animals, no matter if they whinny, bark or meow to you.

Quote:
1 hour ago, WinterGreenWolf said:

<blockquote class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote="" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic" data-ipsquote-contentcommentid="9668" data-ipsquote-contentid="869" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-timestamp="1569752033" data-ipsquote-userid="1" data-ipsquote-username="silverwolf1">
<div class="ipsQuote_citation">
10 hours ago, silverwolf1 said:

Actually, guests can see threads.

Oh, I thought that changed, good to know you can show more important things to the outside.

</div>
</blockquote>

I'm not the most tech person here, but I don't know how that would work.  Maybe if you have an Admin Pass?  

Quote:
1 hour ago, elshara said:

Good to know about the rumor on dog ages. Honestly age isn't everything, but it also seems human information on perceived analogies isn't even close to complete as history shows us new information being such a conflict to previously believed ideals on what's actually real.

It seems more emphasis now days is being placed on individual growth periods than anything else. Feelings, emotions and instincts  tends to be a universal language all beings understand. The science behind feelings will tell you the meaning behind what animals are comfortable with overall, including dogs and humans. The more we listen to our feelings, the more our baser sides get to understand awareness in real time, closer to how a dog may perceive events than humans. Over thought is what gives rise to theories, which in turn gets misinterpreted as no actions can account for them on a personal level.

Previously it was believed that dogs are social animals. Hell, if you have a neighborhood and there's 5 dogs in that neighborhood who live in separate houses, they'll likely not all share the same warmth to each other let alone to strangers as their owners however clueless would like you to believe. Dogs don't seem to know if they take things too far and socialization at best can only mute those instincts to be aggressive and dominant, yet you get entirely mixed bags with dogs as individuals, let alone in terms of breed characteristics. So I'd say in light of this, you'll know your dog best if you pay attention to the feelings and body language passing between you.

Something else to consider, how a dog may get to know you best. And for that, we as humans can only be attentive to a point. The rest is trial and error. With a key emphasis on individual strengths and weaknesses. Most animals use body language to convey thoughts and feelings to others. Humans have decided to forget a lot of body language signals and so other animals particularly ones on 4 legs tend to use everything from pack structure to survival instincts to know by ones approach and moment to moment contact how interactions with others will play out. It's a learning process that usually starts at a young age and ends up becoming the things unsaid passed between you that form a relationship stronger than good intentions and misdeeds will prove. Dogs listen and learn in the same moment, from those who help contribute to their survival in return. This is why one dog favors someone more so than others.

Sex is something dogs now days rarely get to experience. They can't fight for their food on their own, so naturally it's easier for a dog whose lived with humans all of their life to gravitate with assistance towards sexual contact with us. In the dogs mind, we are the god that gives food, shelter, a place to sleep and if the occasion calls for it, a good romp in the hay. We as pack leaders naturally set the tone for what is acceptable to a dog, and so when you train dogs to be your equal, they need to know when, where and how. The why to them, usually is left up to the leader to showcase interest. When a dog knows something's coming, he or she will be prepared for it and can react accordingly. If you share your life with other humans, dogs won't know where to draw the line. Not when they've discovered that they can eat with humans, sleep in the same room with them, meet them and have one pet them all without consequence. I think this separation is what is most difficult for a dog to learn, as knowing the other basics involved with training, including potty training, or other commands like sit and stay, tend to follow actions repetitive to a dogs regular life routine.

I think that if you teach a dog to potty train first, followed by other commands so the dog is well behaved and knows that to eat, you have to go to the kitchen. And to pee, you have to go outside. Then to have sex, later on, you go to the bedroom. Where a dog may sleep can be different from where a dog may mate, but this separation will help them adapt to human life styles easier and follow along with us better. Just try not to isolate the dog too much, but just remember sex is not the reason you get a dog. You get one to have a companion for life. You live your life together and can usually tell when a dog understands something better by their ability to be okay with it once it's an action they regularly perform. I believe dogs are visual learners, and use their own experiences as a part of what they know to remember others by such events in turn.

Dogs need to know you first, before they get to know your penis or vagina. Once they know that, and know what they want from you in such a context, you should have no problems in the bedroom. I just think that too many people go into this blind, and end up showing dogs it's okay to demand sex any time they are feeling horny, when certain situations call for a more private approach. Dogs should know you in turn, so that you learn from each other together what you both want, as owning a dog is as much about establishing a relationship as it is about understanding your own mutual needs.

Any animal needs to establish trust before they will consider mating. And so once you have trust established, you train first in other areas, before you get to sex. I think this as a universal rule of thumb should help anyone be better acquainted with the language of animals, no matter if they whinny, bark or meow to you.

I can pretty much agree with all of this.. Sex is a secondary, I also agree that age is more relative with them. A dog does also need to be considered an individual over a 'group', 'pack' or just lumped in together, each are different and each dog has their own personalities and whatnot.

Yes, and this proves beyond a shadow of a doubt animals have souls. It's up to each individual animal whom they will form a bond to, and that won't change much once the connection has been established. The only thing that could break a bond like that would be mistreatment, but like all animals, humans included, love tends to cement better bonds than anything out there. I do think adult bonds in dogs solidify more strongly than a childhood or puppy bond would. The more of a companion you are to your dog, the more bonded you will be as time goes on.

For all intents and purposes, being a zoophile is much like being a care giver more so than anything. But there's no limits to the type of care you can give, whereas in the traditional profession, you're looking after people too weak in the body and or mind to do so themselves. With animals, that restriction generally doesn't apply, and it is sad that some conservative humans tries to treat them that way. Animals will do what they will, and it takes a strong spirit to remain in control of ones actions regardless. I think we should think of animals as people who have their own things to enjoy, sometimes simple, and other times complex. But ultimately, we take care of each other and know when there's something that needs to be addressed within our capabilities as individuals to come together as a family.

Oh yes I'm definitely of the mind set that family is the most important thing in this world. not money, status, although they help to solidify the ability for wealth in our family to remain steadfast. People who forget or limit the importance of family, fail to truly feel needed which is where so much greed and conservative attitudes come into play questioning things which have remained more or less constant for a reason. All the world's problems could be solved if we valued family highest in life, including treating ourselves as important as a mate. For this reason, there's always a side to every story. One that animals like dogs take part in as our equal and companion. Humans bred dogs to be our best friend, yet we breed canines to be our closest friend. Here in lies the difference between a dog who grows up alone and only bonded to a mate to survive, and one who is happy and enjoys life to the fullest extent. If age changes is as much about a dogs environment as our own, then communicating our needs together helps the best bonds form cross species regardless of circumstance.

Quote:
On 9/28/2019 at 1:49 PM, silverwolf1 said:

My own opinion is that the dog is not sexually AND emotionally mature before 1 1/2 to 2 years. They can indeed engage in  heavy sexual behavior before this, but that doesn't mean they should. The dog doesn't know not to go beyond learning about his/ her body and hormones slowly, but the human ought to be responsible enough to control his lust ( because it certainly isn't anything "zoophile") and not let the dog do so. This "in nature" stuff is crap. The Domestic Dog does not live in nature and is behaviorally different from wild canines. Unless you're referring to Huskies, most won't even survive & reproduce "in nature". 

sw

I have to agree with silverwolf on this one; a dog should not be "played with" sexually until they are sexually mature, and are old enough to understand and enjoy the stimulation; which is 1-1/2 to 2 years old depending on the breed; so in other words if their body is still developing then they are both mentally and physically too young for it

Shit like this is what gives the true zoos with morals a bad name; if you can't refrain from touch a damn dog for the first year than you shouldn't own a dog! seriously people don't condone molesting a underdeveloped animal 

Instances like this is the very main reason zoophilia is considered a paraphilia or fetish; and not an orientation, if you don't have self restraint, than you shouldn't own a dog; they are not sex toys, and it won't kill you to wait, dammn let them get to know you and experience normal puppy life, they deserve to grow mature without you touching them; sorry if these replys offend anyone, but the truth tends to do that

Quote:
3 hours ago, Cynolove693 said:

Instances like this is the very main reason zoophilia is considered a paraphilia or fetish; and not an orientation, if you don't have self restraint, than you shouldn't own a dog; they are not sex toys, and it won't kill you to wait, dammn let them get to know you and experience normal puppy life, they deserve to grow mature without you touching them; sorry if these replys offend anyone, but the truth tends to do that

I do agree with you, apart from one thing: Paraphilias and Fetishes aren't synonymous. A Fetish is a mere objectification of something, in particular: sexualization.

Psychologically, a Paraphilia is merely an odd / unusual sexual attraction.. Hell, Homosexuality used to be classed as a Paraphilia.

Quote:
19 hours ago, WinterGreenWolf said:

The '7 dog years' rumor is completely incorrect.  Studies have shown dogs to be around 18 when 1 year old, and 24 when two years old by human equivalence.. That being said, this is

"studies have shown..." is sloppy, and an unproven in debate or discussion. Cite your studies. No dog is mature at 1 year of age, unless I see a study proving it that was done scientifically and that was replicated by another scientific study.

sw

Quote:
2 hours ago, silverwolf1 said:

"studies have shown..." is sloppy, and an unproven in debate or discussion. Cite your studies. No dog is mature at 1 year of age, unless I see a study proving it that was done scientifically and that was replicated by another scientific study.

Look, I'm sorry if it sounded a bit of a cop-out, if I find the data: I'll post it in the appropriate section, but you don't have to be snide about it..