• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dreams of an Animal

Quote:
1 hour ago, HeartBeatOfTheBeast said:

I rarely have dreams with people or animals that I know in real life.

I have to agree with this.  Also places.  And yet, in the dream, it often seems familiar.   Odd.  

Quote:
21 hours ago, heavyhorse said:

I have to agree with this.  Also places.  And yet, in the dream, it often seems familiar.   Odd.  

I then usually wake up disappointed not to find a tiger next to me, and say "where's my fucking tiger". 

Quote:
On 8/8/2020 at 0:22 AM, heavyhorse said:

I sometimes experience that too, though I'm usually with a companion I know the surroundings are strange yet familiar. As if we've been there before, or belong there, and there are others there I don't know, yet I do..

sw

I did have this one dream over two decades ago, where I consumed some dog food and was abruptly transformed into a Golden Retriever and was running in a field.

Quote:
10 hours ago, HeartBeatOfTheBeast said:

I did have this one dream over two decades ago, where I consumed some dog food and was abruptly transformed into a Golden Retriever and was running in a field.

Purina, when it still came in the old white bag with the checkered flag in the corner, had the ad of the Golden running in a field. That probably predated you by a few decades though..

sw

Quote:
On 8/10/2020 at 6:49 AM, silverwolf1 said:

Purina, when it still came in the old white bag with the checkered flag in the corner, had the ad of the Golden running in a field. That probably predated you by a few decades though..

sw

Thats really strange, and yes it probably predates me at least a decade.

Most of my dreams are bad dreams, or nightmares. If animals are involved, lately, it's often something like: oh, okay, we have cats. Wait, that's too many cats to take care of. We can't do this. How did it come to this?

There will be mice, guinea pigs, kittens, dogs... often it involves stressing about what they have access to, keeping small critters safe, where to put them, etc. Sometimes my cat is lost, and I have to look for him to make sure he's safe.

Rarer, I will dream of not being in this human body, or in a shapeshifting mix, where I can fly and access impossible spaces. Those are much better. 

Quote:
36 minutes ago, AvianRaptor said:

Most of my dreams are bad dreams, or nightmares

I once had a nightmare where one of my dog's ear fell off.